Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

601 School Street
Coraopolis, PA, 15108
United States

Welcome to Coraopolis History Archive!  On this site, the history of Cory, PA comes alive through the images and stories of those who have called Coraopolis home throughout the years.  Come browse through historic postcards or read about the history of the businesses and industrialists that put Coraopolis on the map.  Also featured is Maiden City Blog, which explains the story of the borough through engaging posts. Looking for volunteer opportunities to make our community better? Coraopolis History Archive has that as well!  Check us out and tell a friend!

 

History Research Archive for the Borough of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, near Moon Township, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, including Coraopolis Cemeteries, Coraopolis Maps, Coraopolis Industries, and Coraopolis Photographs.

United Methodist Church

united methodist church

  • Current Location: 1205 Ridge Ave (built 1925)

  • Prior Locations:

    • State Ave & Fleming St (east corner of Dillon property) 1894-1924

    • Frame structure at Main St & Fifth Ave (destroyed by fire on March 4, 1890) 1876-1890

    • Northwest corner of Watson Farm (present location of Coraopolis Cemetery) 1849-1876

  • Founded: 1843

  • Founders: Abner Jackson (circuit rider) and Reverend Josiah Dillon

  • Church Records: unknown

  • Phone: (412) 264-3727

  • Website: www.coraopolisumc.com

Photos by Maiden City Snapshots

Prior church at the intersection of State Ave and Fleming St

Prior church at the intersection of State Ave and Fleming St

Histories below were taken from the 1924 Coraopolis High School Review, pages 101-102, and Edward S. Maurey "Where the West Began" page 63.

The_Pittsburgh_Press_Tue__Sep_25__1923_(p9)

1924-04-11 The Coraopolis Record - proposed Methodist Episcopal Church

The Pittsburgh Post_Wed__Mar_5__1890_(vXLIX, n152, page3)