Pittsburgh, Neville Island, and Coraopolis Street Railway Co. installed electric streetcar lines in Coraopolis in 1892. By 1913, streetcars were crossing the Sewickley Bridge. Route 23 was the Coraopolis-Sewickley Route. The line closed June 22, 1952, and most of the track was torn up within a few years.
- Pittsburgh, Neville Island, and Coraopolis Street Railway Co.
- Electric streetcar lines installed 1892, entered operation in 1894
- By 1913, streetcars crossed the Sewickley Bridge
- Later owned by Pittsburgh Railways Co. (Byllesby Corp.)
- Route 23 was the Coraopolis-Sewickley Route
- from downtown Pittsburgh
- across the old Point Bridge
- along Island Avenue through McKees Rocks
- across the Ohio River to Neville Island
- back across the river to Coraopolis
- across the Sewickley Bridge to Sewickley
- much the route ran on private right-of-way
- seven cent fare in 1951
- The line closed June 22, 1952
- most of the track was torn up within a few years
- Trolley #1789 was one of the newer streetcars on the line in 1951
- Trolley #1789 was one of the last ones purchased by Pittsburgh Railways Co.
Coraopolis end of bridge
Corgi 55018 Pittsburgh Railways PCC #1795 - 23 Sewickley-Coraopolis