St. Paul A.M.E. Zion Church
St. Paul A.M.E. Zion Church of Coraopolis, PA was founded in 1898 by Rev. R.L. Swan and his wife Sara Swan, Rev. D. Bradley, and Rev. Mrs. Viola Stout. Since 1924, the church has been located at 601 5th Avenue in Coraopolis. Prior to that, from 1901 through 1923, it was located at Fifth Ave & Chestnut St, and known as "The First Church of Zion Methodist".
History Research Archive for the Borough of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, near Moon Township, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
st. paul a.m.e. zion church
Location: 601 5th Ave (built 1924)
Prior Location: Fifth Ave & Chess St "The First Church of Zion Methodist" (1901-1923)
Founders: Rev. R.L. Swan and his wife Sara, Rev. D. Bradley, Rev. Mrs. Viola Stout
Church Records: unknown
Phone: (412) 264-1990
Photos by Maiden City Snapshots
Histories below were taken from the 1924 Coraopolis High School Review, and Edward S. Maurey "Where the West Began", and "African American Historic Sites" by Eliza Smith Brown.