Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

601 School Street
Coraopolis, PA, 15108
United States

Welcome to Coraopolis History Archive!  On this site, the history of Cory, PA comes alive through the images and stories of those who have called Coraopolis home throughout the years.  Come browse through historic postcards or read about the history of the businesses and industrialists that put Coraopolis on the map.  Also featured is Maiden City Blog, which explains the story of the borough through engaging posts. Looking for volunteer opportunities to make our community better? Coraopolis History Archive has that as well!  Check us out and tell a friend!

 

History Research Archive for the Borough of Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, near Moon Township, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, including Coraopolis Cemeteries, Coraopolis Maps, Coraopolis Industries, and Coraopolis Photographs.

Fallston Fire Clay Bricks

Fallston Fire Clay Bricks

Bricks used in the construction of the Coraopolis Train Station

The Fallston Fire Clay Co. operated out of Beaver County from about 1891 through 1922. They were one of the most prosperous manufacturers of high-grade building brick of different shapes and sizes, and also of paving brick. As of 1916, the company produced a capacity of 28,000,000 bricks a year. The manufacture was located against a low mountain with inclines to the clay pits on the mountain. They used the shale between the Lower Kittanning clay and the Clarion coal. Clay was mined principally from beneath the Lower Kittanning coal, just uphill behind the main building. There were ovens to the right of the building which served as early traditional round kilns. Additional clay was mined from under the Lower Freeport coal, about 170 feed higher, at the top of the incline. The company ultimately became the Littell Steel Company in 1946.

Fallston Fire Clay Co. in abt 1895

1913 Sanborn Map, New Brighton