Betlyn's Dairy Bottle
Betlyn’s Dairy milk Bottle
Betlyn’s Dairy operated in the 1930s and 1940s. The dairy farm was owned by John Frank Betlyn and his wife Stella J. (Lorence) Betlyn. Born in Obershlesien, Austria, John emigrated from Krosno, Austria from the port of Hamburg in 1906 on a ship called the Amsterdam. He ultimately settled in Coraopolis Heights where he first apprenticed to John Heinlein as a farmhand, becoming naturalized in 1914. Mr. Betlyn clearly fell in love with his new country, proclaiming in a 1942 advertisement, “We’re glad we’re Americans”. Below is this ad, as well as a few others which feature the dairy.